Operational Plan for a Healthy and Safe 2021-2022 School Year
Dear Parents, Students and Community Members.
It is our intent to provide on-site, every day, all day teaching and learning for our students. Since the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have learned much about effective practices for maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment. In our effort to ensure learning at our school, we will continue to follow the most current guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and our local Jackson County Health and Human Services Department.
We have updated our state-required Operational Plan following the Resiliency Framework developed by the Oregon Department of Education and the Oregon Health Authority as a blueprint for our decision-making for the 2020-21 school year. This plan is intended to ensure the health and safety of our students, staff, families and community and to maximize the opportunity for learning for all students. Because health officials and epidemiologists continue to study COVID-19 and to learn additional information about how best to reduce infection rates, we anticipate we will be updating and revising this plan periodically.
Operational Plan: Here are some links where you can view our current Operational Plan along with other important information about maintaining healthy and safe public schools and communities.
- Operational Plan for the 2021 - 2022 School Year Revised 3/30/2022
- District/School Communicable Disease Management Plan
- District/School Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan Revised 3/30/2022
- Oregon Department of Education Ready Schools, Safe Learners Resiliency Framework for the 2021-2022 School Year Revised 3/29/2022
ESSER Funding: The Federal Government has funded additional support for schools through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund and authorized $514.724.30 for our district to use over the next three years (2021-2024).
Here are links to our ESSER Plan. We are investing these funds this year to provide more time and attention and individualized support for our students.
- District ESSER III Plan (Submitted 10/20/21)
- District ESSER III Integrated Planning Tool (Updated 05/06/22)
- District Strategies for Responding to Unfinished Learning
- District ESSER III Community Letter
Community Health Information: The Oregon Health Authority is committed to providing up-to-date health and safety information about COVID-19. This includes data on infection rates (by county), COVID-19 testing and vaccination recommendations.
Here are links to COVID-19 related health and safety information for Oregon and Jackson County:
- Oregon Health Authority – County COVID-19 Community Transmission: Case Rates and Test Positivity Rates
- Oregon Health Authority – COVID-19 Updates, Information on Vaccines and Testing
- Jackson County Health and Human Services – Responding to COVID-19
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our school and the health and safety of our community.
Dr. Phil Long, Superintendent
Archived Information: Blueprint for Reopening School 2020-2021